A Message from Principal Julia Hynes
Just some of the many staff members who make PS 145 such a lovely place to be!
Dear PS 145 Community,
It is my honor and privilege to lead such a loving and dynamic school community. Together we will continue our collaboration to ensure our school prepares our students to be 21st century citizens, who are empathetic, curious and creative! Here are some of our current priorities:
- Cultivating our arts programs, including music, dance, art and theater (Fingers crossed we are able to continue with our Disney Theater Grant in 2022!)
- Expanding our emphasis on STEM and project-based learning
- Strengthening our partnership with Studio in a School and connecting our artistic endeavors to our local community
- Deepening our math conceptual understanding with Number Talks and Math Stories
- Fostering true bilingualism in our students with our Spanish Dual Language program (Grades Pre-K-5!)
- Creating an inclusive environment that welcomes all types of learners with our diverse special education programs (Horizon ASD Program, Integrated co-teaching K-5, small group support, smaller class size)
- Captivating our young learners with our exploration-based 3-K and Pre-K classrooms
- Exploring Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education and Mastery-based grading to encourage better outcomes for all of our students
I truly cannot wait to see what the future holds for PS 145!
All the best,