Learning Preference Form
If you are choosing Full-time Remote Learning, please complete this Learning Preference Form as soon as possible.
Every student at PS 145K will receive a solid foundation for learning through high quality, standards-based instruction. We will build a community of learners where all faculty, staff, students, and parents are actively engaged in the educational process. Critical thinking, communication, creativity, and collaboration will be developed through daily access to rigorous curricula across all content areas. We will create a positive, supportive educational environment that will develop lifelong learners, ready to be productive members of our global society.
For anyone who has a DOE-loaned iPad, we have some important updates for you. It is essential that you take the actions below to ensure your child’s iPad is ready for use for return to school. The first day of school is only a few weeks away, and all students will be working remotely for at least a few days a week. Your child will need their iPad to be ready for learning for the fall. Please note that when we have other updates, we will send messages to you and your iPad on Thursdays, and we will let your schools know about the updates.
To prepare, you MUST:
● Turn on the iPad - some iPads have not been turned on all summer. We need you to charge and power up the iPad.
● Turn Airplane Mode on and off to reset your internet connection
Go to Settings
Find the Airplane Mode button
Turn Airplane Mode on for ten seconds (button turns green)
Turn Airplane Mode off and wait until the iPad reconnects to the internet
You will see the connected icon at the top of the screen
Go to schools.nyc.gov to make sure your iPad is connected to the internet. All DOE-loaned iPads have internet access.
● Return to the main screen and sign into Zscaler in order to ensure your child is using the internet with all the safety the DOE requires and protect your child. You will need your child’s @nycstudents.net account. Once you get that please follow these directions:
On the main screen, click the Zscaler icon. After clicking the icon, you will be taken to the login page.
Enter your child’s @nycstudent account (only use the student’s username and password, no need to include @nycstudents to log in), then click the “sign in” button.
Click on the "allow" button and wait one minute for a connection to be established until you will see the Zscaler screen
Once the connection is secure, close the app
That is it. You can use the iPad normally now.
● Sign into the Learn at Home App To get ready for the first day of school, make connecting to learning and support much easier for your child, and allow you to get notifications on the iPad:
Find the Learn at Home icon on the main screen on the iPad
Log in the same way you did for Zscaler, using the same @nycstudents.net account (only use the student’s username and password, no need to include @nycstudents to log in)
From the Learn at Home app your child can access TeachHub, Google Classroom and get help.
Your child’s iPad is now a hotspot that allows you to connect other devices used for remote learning to the internet. It is easy:
● Go to Settings
● Find Personal Hotspot and click to take you to the login screen
● Select Allow Others to Join
● Devices other students in your house are using for remote learning can be added to that connection
● As a reminder, as with the iPad itself, the hotspot connection is to be used only to access remote learning activities. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance or have any questions you may contact us:
100 Noll Street Brooklyn, NY 11206